Friday, October 20, 2006

END OF THE ROUTE


Three years ago, I scored my first DJ residency at a small basement bar in the East Village called Route 85a (pictured above). The party was on a Wednesday and whenever I played Jaan Pehechaan Ho, bartender Zoe (also pictured above) would take her top off and dance around like a lunatic.

I had a farewell drink there last night, as the bar will soon become Big Lug, a gay bar for fatties and their admirers. I can't say I'm sad to see this place go, being that last night was the first time I set foot inside since I quit three years ago. Nothing much had changed either. It's a great space though and former Dick's bartender Carmine will reign as bar maiden once again. Sadly, there's no pool table. Yet.

P.S. - As an added extra, here's the incredible video/film clip of Jaan Pehechaan Ho. How does she do that?!!

No comments: