Wednesday, November 19, 2008

GOOD TIMES: MIGHTY REAL

All hail queen Sylvester! We cleared our vocal chords and belted our highest falsettos last Wednesday at Good Times at Eastern Bloc in honor of the late and great Cockette-turned-disco-queen, Sylvester.


Sylvester protegé Mona, pictured here out of costume as his alter ego Andrew, has been jobless since returning from his summer job up in P-Town and begging to let Mona rule the roost at an upcoming Good Times.


Photographer Kelvin failed to tell us that he'd be on a date for most of the night, resulting in a series of lackluster photographs where subjects were just down right sad about the absence of our big-bootied Puerto Rican friend.


Scottish tourist, checking out the Menergy in Eastern Bloc.


And hello to the fellow on the right, who is looking a little lost and needs a guiding hand to lead him behind the DJ booth.


If squint hard enough, it kind of looks like M.I.A. and James Gandolfini were in attendance.


All smiles because we now serve $2 vodkas and rolling rocks every Wednesday between 10 and 11pm (and then its $4 svedka vodka and killian drafts all night). GIVING PHOENIX A RUN FOR ITS MONEY, YO!


Joshua Appelbottom is my only friend who actually uses that new Loopt program on his iPhone so I can stalk him all day and all night.


Though hurricane season has come to a close, Hurricane Jason season has just started up.


Pailo was simaltaenously trying to deflect a photo while showing off his lovely pits, which are looking freshly trimmed and pleasantly ripe.


A sleepwalking Coleen in the foreground, as Nate appears to be rubbing one out to the tune of Sylvester's Sex behind her and Jason.


I am still waiting for Ryan (left, with friend) to invite me to a fantabulous party at his 3500 sq ft. Soho loft, which he says is still undecorated despite his career as an interior decorator.


Loving those snuggly gray sneaker boot thingamajigs.


Delvin (left) and Baby C were both making me feel mighty real, especially thanks to Baby C's hunter green crushed velvet blazer. Yes, please.


Ladies of leather Coleen and Joe, who I plan to invite to an upcoming party only to make him wait outside for an hour as the door person tells him we're "overcapacity" inside.


Mikey and a lady fan of his in the background. Mikey is trying to formally become a Michael, but since there are too many Michaels in my phone already, I am sticking to calling him Michael. Or Damion.


Ray and random satin dress girl dance party spontaneity! Don't stop, don't stop, you're moving me!


David (left) and Baby C, showing us how mouth babies are made.


Remember when I was all down on American Apparel deep-V's? My opinion has officially changed.


Hello boys. Don't let me disturb your conversation about tanning salons in NYC. Just wanted to say hey.


Keenin (on the right, not the right spelling because his mom googles him constantly) sent me the most AMAZING Sylvester remix I have ever heard ever ever ever. It's called Sooner or Later and you can download it here. Seven minutes and seven seconds of pure gospel disco bliss.


Discussing the who what where's of plaid.


I spy a cut-out thumbholes, which makes me hope I was playing Courtney Love or something equally 90s appropriate for this shy young lad.


Lovin is really his game.


Steve (left) and friend, who apparently is not into that whole 'you scratch my back I scratch yours' type of thing.


He was feeling the new Beyonce just as much as me, which you can look forward to hearing lots more in the next few weeks since it is way way better than the new Britney. Just sayin.


OVERWORKED AND UNDERPAID. Well, I don't know how well Jeff is paid but he certainly seems to be working morning, noon and night. Keep it up, baby!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!!!! Gary, Ryan and Anddy (left) came out specifically to hear Madonna's Waiting off of her Erotica album, an underrated song that makes Gary go ga-ga.


Boys who wanna funk with me.


This picture reminds me that we are a long ways away from the next backyard cookout at Metropolitan Bar in Brooklyn :( On a brighter note, I'M DJING THE BAHAMAS THIS WEEKEND!


Was that knit cap halfway on the head look pioneered by the Hills? Or is it a Kurt Cobain holdover? Still trying to decide.


Michael (left) came out in support of his favorite DJ Jimmy and again on Saturday to Mr. Black (where I was hosting) in support of his second favorite DJ, Kingdom. I am vying for number three.


Wiccan ladies, still partying two weeks after Halloween.


James and Gary say let's sneak out and see what Buddy is up to at the Cock. See you next week!

No comments: