Wednesday, June 27, 2007

REBEL GIRL YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF MY WORLD

Diarist Lesley Arfin, 28, grew up in a jappy Long Island suburb just like me! She went to shows at the Right Track Inn. and PWAC, just like me! She wanted to be popular but never really succeeded so she took lots of drugs and ended up on heroin before sobering up at the Betty Ford Clinic and getting her own Vice Magazine column. I, ummmm, became student body president, began fainting whenever I took drugs and now write freelance articles and DJ a whole lot.

Last night, I read Lesley's new book, Dear Diary, cover to cover. While I can't relate to a lot of the bullshit adolescent girls have to go through, I felt like my sister or best girl friends had just given me the keys to that locked treasure trove of gossip I had always tried to pry open. Buy it here.

No comments: