Friday, December 07, 2007

GOOD TIMES: HANUKKAH HAIRY

Happy Hanukkah! Did you know that Duane Reade, Rite Aid, CVS and even the little Israeli bodega on St. Marks Place do not carry any menorahs, chocolate gelt or even Hanukkah wrapping paper?! A shonda, but we still packed 'em in at Good Times with Manischewitz, yarmulkes and dreidel songs.


Eyal founded his own lube company called Boy Butter, which sponsored our Hanukkah bash and provided us with lube giveaways. Everyone loves lube. (*note: not all forms of Boy Butter are condom safe. What's up with that?)


Since I couldn't procure a tacky electric menorah, I instead fashioned one out of beer bottles. Once a cub scout, always a cub scout.


Yarkmulkes were once again a hit with jews and non-jews alike.


Josh hooked us up with a 3-liter Manischewitz jug. I was like, that so won't be enough and it wasn't. People LOVE Manischewitz shots! Then again, jews love anything that's for free.


Dan Beaver-Seitz (not a jew) celebrated his 30th birthday at midnight that night. A Hanukkah birthday seems like it'd be a double mitzvah or something, doesn't it?


LULU! Ludo was hit by a car not so long ago and can't hear so well out of one of his ears. Please be nice to him until 2008.


Brooklyn hipster jew realness!


I need to figure out how to take better panoramic and crowd shots with my new cam.


Special Hanukkah Hairy underwear, custom made for the evening's party...


The jews are always so crafty! Email me if you'd like to order a pair of your own and I'll hook you up with Josh, the genius designer.


Chris (center) had such a crazy Hanukkah that he lost his phone amidst all the madness. Please send him your number, stats and a shirtless photo if he doesn't already have them.


Did this guy really think he was going to magically disappear behind that little cocktail glass?


Having Ashton attend your Hanukkah party is like a gift unto itself.


Please tell me he isn't wearing a cross-covered sweater to a Hanukkah party.


Andre (left) loves jew get togethers. He keeps telling me he's half chosen people, but I keep choosing not to believe him.


I am guessing this pictures wasn't taking while I played the hora. Otherwise, they'd be up and dancing and being lifted up and down on a barstool.


Side note: I am going through a MAJOR Led Zep moment now that they've reunited for like, one show in London. Expect to hear Tangerine and Kashmir in future sets, sandwiched between Britney Spears and Alicia Keyes.


The cutie on the left can light my menorah any eight nights he'd like.


Jason (right) just turned 23 this week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!


It ain't a jew party till uber-jew Eric Leven gives us his blessing.


Ms. Burke is back from London and showered me with UK cd singles that you can expect to hear once people stop requesting every Britney track.


Josh (left) was on yarrmulke and Manischewitz duty, as you can see from the basket and pourer. We wanted to do bottle to mouth shots but, ummm, Manischewitz stains and stuff.


"How many lawyers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"


Oh, are the latkes burning? Or is that just the smell of FIRECROTCH.


This one brings to mind that age-old New York game we like to call Jewish or Italian?


And these two bring to mind that old age game called "Do my armits stink?"


Ryan (left) and Marc hung around for the late shift, when I ditched the Adam Sandler Hanukkah song and played a UK power pop set, complete with Sugababes and the new Dannii Minogue, which is heaven.


Gary, looking handsome as a northern Italian wannabe Jew.


By the end of adding all these captions, I sometimes have nothing more to say than hot boys, v-neck sweaters, yada yada yada.


This cuteness has been back at Eastern Bloc's Good Times the past two or three Wednesdays. I'm not complaining.


Total nose-picking bust! Hey, we all do it. We just don't get photographed doing it.


The second night of Hanukkah, aka the night of Hanukkah Hairy, also happened to be the first freezing night of winter. I think it might have even snowed a little that night, which is why I don't how this dude wore a denim coat out.


Valdez too! Denim and December do not mix. I'm loving the undone bowtie though.


And there's your jew host of festivities, closing out the evening with Siouxsie and the Bansheees for Scot the door guy.


LET US DO THE CORNER MAKE OUT THING IN PEACE!

---

We're back to weekly Wednesdays parties at Good Times @ Eastern Bloc this week starting at 10pm. Then on Thursday, I'm doing a guest spot at Eastern Bloc's massive two-year anniversary. And Friday night, I'm in the basement at the Cock. Come stalk me!

1 comment:

www.castellon-3d.com said...

It won't truly have success, I suppose this way.