Sunday, March 14, 2010

SOVIET FORCES


Back in the heyday of Audiogalaxy, I came across Soviet who promised to be the biggest and best electro act after the massively successful Fischerspooner. Such success never materialized for Soviet, though I caught them live at Fez and Knitting Factory and was just as enamoured with their live show as I was the first time I heard the opening notes to my introductory Soviet song, China.

I'm pretty sure they disbanded and one dude kept the band name and made a follow-up cd which is nowhere near as luscious as We Are Eyes, We Are Builders, which you can still purchase here.

China - Soviet

1 comment:

Eggis said...

I remember audiogalaxy. I spent hours and hours downloading Felix da Housecat's Kittenz and Thee Glitz as one mp3 thinking it was just a song.