Monday, January 05, 2009

ONE TO WATCH IN THE OH NINE


For lack of year-end roundup lists and new year watch lists, I present to you a lady that I will have my eye on in '09. Her name is Rye Rye (in the gold hat). She hails from Baltimore and has cozied up to M.I.A., Diplo, Sinden and others in her musical pursuits. Apparently she has an album coming out this March and if her earlier works with Blaqstarr is any indicator, she will the belle of the summer.

Let's hope she doesn't fall into the same predicament that killed my hopes and dreams for Lil' Mama's debut album.

Diplo ft. Rye Rye - Blow Your Head
The Count & Sinden ft. Rye Rye - Hardcore Girls (Don Rimini Nasty Boy Mix)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have you heard the "Wassup Wassup (ddpesh Remix)"
i think it's even better than the Crookers remix of the same song. love this girl. i've seen her perform a couple times already and she KILLZ it with the fancy footwork! she serves muthafuckaz!