Friday, December 26, 2008

UNDERRATED ALBUM OF THE YEAR


Roisin Murphy's Overpowered was my album of the year. It's the gift that keeps on giving and giving. And her NYC debut concert was right up there as well, though I think Ms. Tina Turner takes the cake in the department.

Alex Moulton's debut album, Exodus, however, barely evoked a peep from both the press and the slew of blogs I frequent. This epic electro effort, apparently four years in the making from a filmmaker who toys with DJing and production from time to time, is quite simply brilliant. It appeared in my promo stack one day and I luckily gave it a listen, mostly because of the gorgeous album art.

If you haven't heard it yet, I'd strongly suggest buying it from any of your favorite online retailers. A true gem.

No comments: