Thursday, May 24, 2007

JERSEY CITY, HERE I CAME

On Sunday, I DJed a wedding for friends of friends in Jersey City. I had never really been to Jersey city before so I didn't know what to expect.


The wedding was at the Hyatt on the ninth floor. This meant maneuvering my equipment through narrow service corridors with lots of workers running here and there. This is what the final set-up looked like.


Behind my set-up was an patio that looked out onto the whole of Manhattan. Not bad, huh?


Down on the ground floor, the couple got married on the water. Sadly, it started raining just as the cermony began. Check out the other photographer below taking photos too. I felt so Kennedy assassain.


HORA! The couple wanted to get right into the Israeli music, which was a little awkward but totally got the crowd up and circling.


Later on, I slowed things down with Ella Fitzgerald or something that old people really get into.


My favorite shot of the night, however, was this dude who was happy to dance all by his lonesome, even when everyone else was eating their yummy kosher meals.

The bride and groom were totally schvitzing by the end of the party so I knew I had done a good job.

No comments: